Wisconsin Microfinance (EIN: 27-3945492) accepts a number of different types of planned gifts.
Bequests: Designate Wisconsin Microfinance as a beneficiary in your will.
Leave a legacy of support for the poor—remember Wisconsin Microfinance in your will. Wisconsin Microfinance will put your bequest into a special endowment account in your name, which will be used to support Wisconsin Microfinance’s work for years to come. To include Wisconsin Microfinance in your will, use the following phrasing: “I bequeath to Wisconsin Microfinance, a non-profit organization incorporated in Wisconsin, the sum of $______ (or ___ %) of the remainder of my estate.”
- Designate Wisconsin Microfinance as a beneficiary of a Charitable Trust.
- Designate Wisconsin Microfinance as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
- Donate real estate to Wisconsin Microfinance by setting up a life estate.
- Make a charitable distribution from your IRA (70 1/2 years or older). Did you know that you are required by law to make withdrawals from your IRA if you are 70 1/2 years old or older? A charitable distribution from your IRA account qualifies as a withdrawal. Please check with your tax professional for more details.
If you have any questions, please email Tom Eggert: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donor Advised Fund (DAF)
A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities. An increasingly popular charitable vehicle, DAFs are an excellent way to both simplify your charitable giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals.
How does it work?
- Establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible donation to an investment firm such as Fidelity Charitable or Schwab Charitable that sponsors a DAF program
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax-free)
- Recommend grants be given to Wisconsin Microfinance.
What are the main advantages of a donor-advised fund?
- Simplicity: The DAF sponsor handles all record-keeping, disbursements; tax receipts.
- Flexibility: Timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making.
- Tax-efficiency: Contributions are tax-deductible and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support multiple charities from one block of stock.
- Family legacy: A DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
- No start-up cost: There is no cost to establish a donor-advised fund. However, there are often minimum initial charitable contributions to establish the DAF.
- No transaction fees: Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to your qualified charity of choice.
- Privacy if desired: Donors may choose to remain anonymous to the grant recipient.
Donate online now
To make a donation through our secure donation page, click here.
Double Your Impact: Employer Matching Program
Corporate matching gifts are donations made by a company to a nonprofit that an employee has supported. To find out if your employer has a matching gift program, please contact your human resource department.
Donate by mail
Please download our Donation Form if you wish to send your donation by mail.
Mail a check or money order to the following address:
5810 Idledale Circle
Madison, WI 53711